Compassionate Billing and Financial Assistance
Use the links below to download related documents and information in English:
- Billing and Collection Policy
- Financial Assistance Application
- Compassionate Billing and FAP Provider Listing
- FAP Plain Language Summary
- Managed Care Contracts
- Self Pay Policy
Utilice los siguientes enlaces para descargar documentos e información relacionados en Español:
- Facturación y Cobro Política
- Facturación Compasiva y Política de Asistencia Financiera (PAF) Proveedores Participantes
- Política de Asistencia Financiera
- Resumen en Términos Sencillos de la Política de Asistencia Financiera
- Contratos de Cuidado Administrado
For documents in other languages, please click below:
- FAP (Arabic)
- FAP Plain Language Summary (Arabic)
- FAP (Chinese)
- FAP Plain Language Summary (Chinese)
- FAP (Hindi)
- FAP Plain Language Summary (Hindi)
- FAP (Korean)
- FAP Plain Language Summary (Korean)
- FAP (Tagalog)
- FAP Plain Language Summary (Tagalog)
Out Of Network
Hackensack Meridian Health is committed to providing information our patients need to protect them from receiving a surprise medical bill.
We have worked throughout Palisades Medical Center to try to make sure we are meeting the requirements of New Jersey’s new law.
While we have taken steps to fully comply with our requirements on behalf of patients, it is very important that healthcare consumers also consult their own health insurance plan. Only your health insurance plan can provide detailed information about your coverage and potential obligations for certain out-of-pocket costs. The contact information is on your insurance card.
In accordance with the new law, we have listed below the insurance plans whose networks we participate in. You can contact the physician directly to ask about their network status with your particular health insurance plan.
- Aetna (all products except Medicaid)
- Aetna Better Health (medical plan)
- AmeriHealth (all products)
- Bergen Risk
- Brighton Health Plan Solutions f/k/a MagnaCare (includes Create Flex/Select Products)
- Clover Health
- Devon Health Services
- First Managed Care Option
- Horizon BCBSNJ (all products)
- Horizon NJ Health
- TRICARE/Humana Military
- United HealthCare (including Oxford)
- *Amerigroup, United Community Plan and Wellcare (Palisades only)
- AmeriHealth (AmeriHealth Advantage Plan)
- OMNIA (Horizon)
*Please note: this list is subject to change. This list should not replace the confirmation of a patient’s eligibility and coverage with a specific health plan.
While we have tried to make our network status clear to all healthcare consumers, it is important to note that the state’s new out-of-network law does not apply to health insurance plans issued outside of New Jersey. Even if you live in New Jersey, if your employer is located in another state, it is possible that your plan is not covered by the law. Also, the new law is optional for self-funded plans. Self-funded plans are when the employer assumes the responsibility to cover all of the expenses of the plan. Self-funded plans are only required to follow federal requirements, not state laws. A self-funded plan may opt in and elect to be subject to New Jersey’s out-of-network law, but it is not required to do so. It is important that you ask your employer or health insurance carrier whether the new law applies to your plan.
All stakeholders – insurance plans, healthcare providers, state policymakers and regulators – must try to make this complex law understandable to healthcare consumers, particularly those who may not realize that their plan is not covered by these new protections.
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service at (201) 854-5092.
CLICK HERE to view Insurance Information.